Tips for successful and guilt free shopping!

By Unknown - January 24, 2015

Hello Sugaries,
I hope you are doing great and I missed you all a lot. :) Well, if you read my blog then you might know that I love trying new products and sometimes things can get really out of budget. In this post I will show you how to shop successfully when you are going all out with your shopping!
I know how mesmerizing it feels when you shop...ahhh...all the sorrows seem to fade away right? But can we afford it all? Yes, we can! If you are a student and you are on a budget or you earn and pay your own bills but you also enjoy spending a little something  something on yourself every once in a while then this post is just for you... Keep reading to find out more!



1. Stop and See
I like to call this technique stop and see because every time I go out I get carried away with all those signs saying 50% off 75% off and buy the same things which I already have. I started this technique some time ago and found it really helpful. Before you leave for shopping check your wardrobe and see which clothing item do you now want to invest in? Is it jeans, shirts, blouse, shorts, scarfs etc  this will help you in not purchasing the same item again and again.



2. Quality pieces
Ever so often I see people bragging about investing in a top which is worth like 350 SAR (94 USD). I believe it is a total waste as you might wear it say, 3 to 4 times then what?  It is a staple piece and you can’t wear the same thing every day! I totally believe in investing in a good item which you can wear everyday say a coat or something similar which can be utilised and just doesn’t sit in your drawer making you feel guilty of your purchase every time you open your wardrobe.


3. Basics
Some people really neglect this but I truly believe that investing in good Basics like tank tops, shirts in greys, blacks and earthy tones which you can pair with denim or leather jacket or wear it with multiple other things. Such clothing item that you wear everyday should be of good quality and should be taken as an investment so that you don’t have to put your money in the same clothing item again and again.


4. Smart shopping
When buying makeup and you are a girl on the budget think smartly as to which product do you need the most? Especially if you are still building your makeup collection. Look for sales to buy foundations and powder compacts, such things are a bit costly in ordinary days so look out to buy those when there is a clearance sale.

5. Guilt free shopping
Take your proper size. It is common to go all crazy seeing other people shop! We tend to buy stuff that we think we will fit in or will magically reduce to fit that size! Well no, that’s not possible, so avoid feeling guilty later, even if you love an item and it’s not in your size, think its fate and don’t just buy it thinking you will watch some you tube video on how to make that item fit you because we all know it’s a lot of effort and you can’t return it especially if you are buying it when it is in sale so save time, energy and money! Only male your purchase when you are 100% sure that it will fit you.



6. Ask yourself
I know this seems to over rated but it is true. If you drift seeing all the beautiful and gorgeous item in the room then this is not a problem for you but it will be a problem for your wallet in the long run. I know we think it is obligatory on us to give some business to all those poor shops out there but hey!  they will not help you when you are broke. So if you see something that you like and the smarter side of your mind says it unnecessary then take a moment and ask yourself… Do I really need this? Is this that important? If not just move on to looking for the thing that you really wanted in the first place.



I hope you found some of  these tips helpful, yes I am guilty of being a shopaholic myself but I have changed for better after seeing that 3 cupboards and 3 suitcases  also can’t fit all clothes in…so I followed these tips to get myself to smart shopping. I hope these tips give you some idea too! If you liked it please share, subscribe and follow me on facebook and Instagram @sugarbabbles . Good luck!

Disclaimer: All above pictures are taken from Google.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Nice Posts .I wish I read it earlier haha .Shopped like craZyy this winter especially got lots of hoodiess ,mufflers and boots !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes sense , But I guess Life is too short to Not Spend and Shoppp. I just buy whateva I like .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Nice. Very well thought ideas and tips .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I myself have cupboards overflowing with clothes . What I do is wear the all the nice dresses normally at home also rather than just storing them in the cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try my best to avoid buying unnecessary stuff but we have lot of occasions with relatives & family friends and repeating a dress would be the last thing you want to do at such occasions . So I have to buy good number of dresses .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superbbbbbb ..Very useful tips

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really helpful tips... This blog is awesome ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hunn! Really appreciate it! Do share :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks hunn! Really appreciate it! Do share :)

      Delete