my nose piercing experience

By Unknown - August 13, 2015

Hello Sugaries,
I hope you all are doing great... Recently I went into the craze of getting my nose pierced. So I did a lot of research on how to get it done. If you are someone who is interested in getting your nose pierced, then just keep reading!


I live in a place where not every other person is authorized to do piercing as compared to other countries. So I had to actually go to an ENT in one of the polyclinics here in Jeddah. I heard and read lots of people saying that getting a hole with a piercing gun is terrible and it's a regret than getting it done with the needle. But as I wasn't left with a lot of choice I had to go with the piercing gun option.

I went to Al -Abeer polyclinic to get my piercing done. I am someone with 0 pain tolerance. It is terrible I know. But I finally gathered guts to get mine done. So I went to the ENT surgeon there, named DR. Subair (completely forgot his last name). As I went I told him my pain tolerance was very low and he had to work really quick! He asked me to choose from a number of studs and I choose a clear one. No you cannot buy gold or silver stud when getting a hole with this gun. We have to compulsorily wear the cosmetic stud which is often used for ears.
Piercing gun. It is very small.
                                                   



Ear studs with different colored stones.
                                         

So, he just took a alcohol swab to clean any excess oil there and then used some numbing spray. He then marked the spot where the piercing would be and after my approval he just took the gun inserted the stud and in a fraction of second pierced my nose! On a scale of 1-10 (1 being less pain and 10 being the worst pain), I would say it was 3. The pain was very faint almost nothing.

I asked him when to really change the stud and how to maintain it, he told me I could change it after 10-15 days. When I came home, in the evening it was hurting a little because I guess the numbing spray was leaving its effect. I took a pain killer and slept. But thank god it wasn't something major. The same evening I went to buy tea tree oil from body shop and got one and used it with a clean q-tip. It hurt a little as the tea tree oil has alcohol and I couldn't sleep at night then.



 So I would suggest just leave it there to do it's thing. Don't go all over with all the tactics and tips you see. But here are some do's and don'ts for you to remember:

DONT's:

1. DO NOT touch your stud when it is fresh. For one whole week. Try to keep your hands away from your nose as much as possible.

2. DO NOT use any kind of alcohol to clean it. Be it rubbing alcohol, the alcohol swabs or perfume. It will just irritate it further.

3. DO NOT use face wash on your nose. The more the product gets into your nose hole the more time it will take to heal.

4. DO NOT change the stud for as long as 10-15 days or as recommended by your doctor.

5. DO NOT use makeup as long as you can. You want to keep all the foundations and other makeup products from getting into it.


DO's:

1. DO use a skin cleaner, I got mine from boots pharmacy 5 SAR. This removes all excess oil and it does not have alcohol in it.

2. DO cover your pillow with a clean shirt before sleeping to prevent any bacteria from getting on your skin.

3. DO use a anti bacterial cream like FUCIDINE which is  also anti-biotic so it will help if there is any infection or whatsoever that is starting to grow inside.


4. DO use a clean cotton bud to apply the above cream or another recommended by your doctor in and outside the nose.

5. DO use the old method of cutting a neem leave pin and using it as a stud in case the cosmetic stud
doesn't make you comfortable.

6. DO keep twisting the nose stud 2-3 days after the piercing. It will help in removing any product build up and also allowing the stud to make it's place.

7. DO invest time in getting it done from a professional rather than trying it at home.

How much did the whole procedure cost?

The whole thing was just for 30 SAR. The insurance however does not cover it. You can get the creams in insurance though, which in regular price is for 23 SAR.


I hope you found this post helpful, do sharre it with your friends or ones who want to get one done. Follow me on Instagram (Sugarbabbles) and google+. Till next time see ya!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Pierced Noses look awesome and I think every girl who has a nose must get it pierced...!!

    ReplyDelete