Is The Jeddah Beauty Class Really Worth It?

By Unknown - December 22, 2014

Hello Sugaries,
Today I am answering the most asked question I received after I attended the Jeddah beauty class! Here is my First hand experience, I am sure each attendee might have their own opinion as well. If you want to know mine, then just keep on reading!


Firstly this class is for SAR 1800. This is for a course of 3 days. On the first day, the Makeup guru aka Nilo Haq taught us about foundation type. Choosing your foundation and stuff. Surprisingly my search went confusing when on the first day she recommended me NW30 and in the next class she told me to wear NW35 which means one shade darker although  I did not tan myself or anything like that.
Moving on the next day we were showed about different contouring techniques. I actually thought we will be taught some basic contouring and highlighting. But instead we were just recommended which "MAC"products we should buy and maybe some how miraculously we would be able to contour like a pro!

                            "The Only thing I  mastered was how to apply blush"
On the last and final day we learned about a day time look which I think we were supposed to learn on the second day of our sessions, well it was postponed for some apparent reason and was shifted on the next day. Last and final day was a shopping trip to the MAC store, where we were given a 20% off on our purchase.

So here is what I think:
1) There were 25 students or more, which was still a big number to have, and to do one on one teaching with any student.

2) The thing that disgusted me the most was the makeup there. It was provided by MAC but it was really very dirty and the lipsticks had a horrible smell and were all smudged inside the bullet.

3) Lastly, of course every beginner needs something to play with at home. Here it was promised that each student will take home a goodie bag from pond's but nothing as such was given. We were just given a jar of the day cream. This thing disappointed many students as of course we were waiting for something. Don't you think 1800 from 25 students wouldn't have covered a good goodie bag for each student? ;)

Well again this is my opinion. It is not that I just heard and wrote about it. I had had attended the course and this was my experience. I hope this review helps you in making a wiser decision than I did and of course in the end the choice is yours! Good luck! :)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. I was looking for professional make-up training since a long time . Thanks for the post . It was very helpful . Anoymous@ I don't think makeup is bad if you use it in a correct manner . Its fun I guess, experimenting new looks and style . Yaa ofcourse, over using it like most Arab girls is definitely Scary and disastrous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nilo Haqq is the best ..And Make-up is the best way a girl can "pamper" herself. Doesn't matter if you are slim & beautiful or Fat & ugly , just Eat , Sleep and Pamper yourself with Make-Up. And remember you are more beautiful than u think .
    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good article . Can you do a post on good footwear and handbags we can buy in Jeddah ??

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want to know if there is any other makeup classes in jeddah??
    I really want to join one....
    please help!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sweetie,
      I know there are lots of makeup classes here in Jeddah. But i don't know whether they are certified or not. You may ask on fb if someone knows or not.

      Delete