What is strobing??

By Unknown - June 25, 2015

Hello Sugaries,
I hope you all are enjoying the hot summer. I got soo many questions during this week asking what is strobing??? So if you have the same question just keep on reading!



What is this?
It is actually a technique in which you highlight all the highest points of your face and by just popping some highlighter on those high points. This technique was also invented to give the 'youthful and fresh look' on the face.
Wearing a high lighter on all the above marked places


What does this do?
Basically this was invented to throw the technique of contouring away. But there is a huge importance of contouring, because contouring pushes the features INside, whereas highlightening brings OUT the features. So there has to be a balance between the both.

Is it for all skin types?
No, it is not. For someone with as oily skin as mine, cant really go through with so much of highlighter because I would end up looking like a disco ball *no joke* Because in strobing you can use mostly liquid highlighters which is alot of shine. So in short this trend is only for people with very very very dry skin!


What products should I use?
You can use liquid and powder highlighters. Just remember you cannot use any sort of bronzer or contour powder. You have to use only blush and highlighters.




My Opinion:
Personally I don't think this trend is any good. As I have really oily skin and using so much of highlighter will make my skin looking worse. Apart from oily skin this technique will not give any dimension to the face and will make the skin looking really flat and one dimensional. Which is soooo unflattering. According to me nothing can really replace contour!


I hope you liked this post. If you liked it please do share. We are working for 8000 views this month so share as much as you can it would mean the world to me! Lots of Love <3

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments